This course provides the underlying knowledge required by all individuals who will be evaluating Microsoft Azure, regardless of whether they are an administrator, developer, or database administrator. This course also provides the pre-requisite knowledge for students wishing to attend course 20532C Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions, or course 20533C Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
During this course, students will be introduced to the principles of cloud computing and will become familiar how these principles have been implemented in Microsoft Azure. In addition, this course will take students through the process of implementing the core Azure infrastructure, consisting of virtual networks and storage. With this foundation, students will learn how to create the most common Azure services, including Azure virtual machines (VMs), Web Apps, and SQL Databases. The course will conclude by describing features of Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) and methods of integrating it with on-premises Active Directory.
This course is intended for individuals who want to evaluate deploying, configuring, and administering services and VMs using Azure, including:
- Developers who want to evaluate creating Azure solutions.
- Windows Server administrators who are looking to evaluate the migration of on-premises Active Directory services and roles to the cloud.
- IT professionals who want to evaluate the use of Azure to host web sites and mobile app back-end services.
- Database administrators who want to evaluate the use of Azure to host SQL databases.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe cloud computing, Azure, and Azure subscriptions.
- Describe and create Azure Web Apps.
- Create and configure VMs in Microsoft Azure.
- Create an Azure virtual network.
- Describe Azure storage.
- Describe and deploy databases in Azure.
- Describe Azure AD.
Before attending this course, students must have a background in IT.In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Understanding of websites.
- A basic understanding of virtualization.
- A basic understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, users, and domain controllers.
- A basic understanding of database concepts including tables and simple queries.
1 Getting Started with Microsoft Azure
This module introduces students to cloud services and the various Azure services. It describes how to use the Azure portal to access and manage Azure services, and to manage Azure subscription and billing.
- What is cloud computing?
- What is Azure?
- Managing Azure
- Subscription management, support, and billing
- Customize the Azure Portal interface
- View billing data
- Describe cloud computing.
- Describe Azure.
- Manage Azure.
- Describe subscription management, support, and billing.
2 Microsoft Azure management tools
This module explains Azure PowerShell and its use in managing Azure subscriptions. It also describes the Azure Software Development Kit (SDK) and the Azure cross-platform command-line interface, and explains their benefits and uses.
- Azure PowerShell
- The Azure SDK and the Azure Command-Line Interface
- Use the Azure PowerShell modules
- Use the Azure Cross-Platform Command-Line Interface
- Describe Azure PowerShell.
- Describe the Azure SDK and the Azure Command-Line Interface.
3 Virtual machines in Microsoft Azure
This module explains how to use Azure to deploy virtual machines. It also explains the highly available and scalable configuration of Azure virtual machines, and the management of virtual machine disks by using Azure.
- Create and configure virtual machines
- Configure disks
- Create a VM from the Gallery
- Verify the Functionality of the VM
- Configure storage of a VM
- Create and configure virtual machines.
- Configure disks.
4 Web Apps and cloud services
This module explains how to create, configure, and monitor Web apps by using Azure. It also describes the creation and deployment of Cloud Services on Azure
- Create and configure Web Apps
- Deploy and monitor Web Apps
- Create and deploy PaaS cloud services
- Create and configure a WordPress Web App
- Create a cloud service
- Create and configure Web Apps.
- Deploy and monitor Web Apps.
- Create and deploy PaaS cloud services.
5 Virtual networks
This module explains Azure virtual networks and how to create them. It also covers variety of virtual network components, focusing in particular on Azure load balancers.
- Getting started with virtual networks
- Creating a virtual network
- Getting started with Azure Load Balancers
- Creating a virtual network
- Creating VMs from the gallery
- Explain virtual networks.
- Create a virtual network.
- Describe Azure Load Balancers.
6 Cloud Storage
This module explains the use of cloud storage and its benefits. It also explains how to create, manage, and configure cloud storage in Azure.
- Understand cloud storage
- Create and manage storage
- Create an Azure storage account
- Create and manage blobs
- Understand cloud storage.
- Create and manage storage.
7 Microsoft Azure databases
This module explains the options available for storing relational data in Azure. It also explains how to use Microsoft Azure SQL Database to create, configure, and manage SQL databases in Azure.
- Understand relational database deployment options
- Create and connect to Azure SQL Databases
- Create a new Azure SQL Database in Azure and configure SQL Server firewall rules
- Manage content of an Azure SQL Database by using SQL Server management studio
- Understand relational database deployment options.
- Create and connect to Azure SQL Databases.
8 Azure AD
This module explains how to use Azure AD and Azure Multi-Factor Authentication to enhance security. It explains how to create users, domains, and tenants in Azure AD, and how to use Multi-Factor Authentication and single sign-on (SSO).
- Overview of Azure AD
- Manage Azure AD authentication
- Create users in Azure AD
- Create a new Azure AD Tenant and a custom DNS domain
- Describe Azure AD.
- Manage Azure AD authentication.